Your mama told you to marry a doctor or a lawyer?
March 10, 2011 3 Comments
May be you have heard your mama telling you that doctors, lawyers etc. should be your main target if you wanted a successful marriage?
Well, it turns out mama’s advice was no good.
A recent research performed at Virginia’s Redford University reveals that these professions have an elevated divorce rate. Plus, probably you have heard a lot of jokes about doctors and nurses. The scientists produced also a list of the professions with lowest divorce rates for good girls to consider.
- Media & communication equipment workers — 0% divorce rate
- Agricultural engineers — 1.78% divorce rate
- Optometrists — 4.01% divorce rate
- Transit and railroad police — 5.26% divorce rate
- Clergy — 5.61% divorce rate
- Directors of religious activity — 5.88% divorce rate
- Sales engineers — 6.61% divorce rate
- Nuclear engineers — 7.29% divorce rate
So girls, take out your pencil and put down the-must-go places to find a husband : church, nuclear stations, police etc.
A nuclear engineer or an agricultural engineer might not sound like the profession of a cool and sexy guy you want to marry, but having in mind the above divorce rates you are very likely to have a diamond wedding if you choose them
Also you might want to check in the dictionary what optometrists do for a living.
If it isn’t something cool or romantic, just remind yourself that monogamy is romantic. It is key to a successful, long lasting, happy marriage.
Also, the study answers the question whether you should marry your bartender or massage therapist
If you would like to see their divorce rates click here.